When you work at Homeroom, you're part of something special.
Be the best part of people's day AND get free mac + cheese!
Our hard-working, passionate, talented people set the Homeroom team apart from other restaurants. When you work with with us, you'll have a voice, be empowered, and get the opportunity to learn what it takes to run a business -- while having fun with a team who respects you for who you are every day.
Just a few of the awesome benefits of working @ Homeroom:
- Thrivable wages: Everyone who works at Homeroom earns a high standard wage, as well as a share in the company's revenue.
- Growth Opportunities: We're committed to enabling the people on our team to learn and grow into positions they aspire to have.
- Be yourself: We celebrate the unique and diverse personalities that make up our team. No scripts, no crappy, uncomfortable uniforms, and no "chainy" attitudes.
- Get paid to learn about business: Homeroom is an open-book finance business. We share our financial information and create development plans with all of our employees.
- And that delicious free mac: Every day you work, you get a free mac + cheese. Not just any mac. The world's best mac + cheese.
Our mission is To Be the Best Part of People's Day, and we mean it equally for guests and employees. Join us and see what it's like to work at a truly employee-focused company.
The Future of Homeroom: Our Vision for 2025Our full ten-year vision is really long, but for those of you who would like to know some of the basics of where Homeroom is headed, here are the basics. For more details, read the full vision! Ten years in one sentence: We hope that Homeroom will redefine what it means to be a restaurant company in America by pursuing growth that genuinely enriches local communities and staff. The details: In ten years, we envision that Homeroom will slowly and steadily add between 2-5 locations guided by the rate at which we believe we can open new restaurants of the highest quality. Our Food
- Our mac and cheese will continue to be the best in the country (and the world!).
- Quality will be improved with scale by special partnerships with cheese-makers.
- New locations will feature special dishes and drinks that are unique to that restaurant.
- Our collaborative, innovative work culture will be stronger than ever.
- Homeroom University will provide inspiring, exciting educational opportunities for staff.
- Staff at all levels will be active on employee-run committees and clubs on myriad topics.
- Managers can grow from within, and will have an ownership stake in each new restaurant.
- We will have a diverse staff and leadership team, with a high number of female leaders.
- Each Homeroom location will reflect its community in its unique design.
- Homeroom’s inviting, playful, design will set it apart and make each location special.
- Our innovative design will extend to new products, such as a boxed mac and cheese.
- Homeroom’s service will truly embody its mission to be the best part of people’s day.
- We will enrich local communities through our business model and local investment.
- Homeroom will continue to be a place where people meet to eat, connect, and celebrate.
- We will have events and volunteer opportunities that contribute to local communities.
- Our financial performance will prove that restaurants can be more financially successful by focusing on more than just profits—by enriching employees, opening restaurants with character, having a diverse team, and by contributing to local communities.
- Our inclusive ownership structure financially benefits our staff and community.
- Staff embrace open-book management and contributing bottom-line improvements.