Homeroom, Oakland's premier Mac + Cheese restaurant, is hiring a fabulous Part-Time Host, with open availability Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We are a BUSY restaurant, and we need a calm, multi-tasking, self-directed, and cheerful human to join our team in this role.
Reports to: General Manager
Essential Functions of the Position:
- You are THE FACE of Homeroom! You are the meet-er and greet-er and people-sorter; the first person to interact with our guests. You live our mission statement: to be the best part of a person's day!
- You will provide excellent, professional, and courteous customer service under very busy and stressful circumstances and situations; you will resolve guest issues and concerns; and you will keep the front section of the restaurant gleaming and well-stocked.
- You'll control the flow of incoming guests at the restaurant, document party arrivals, seat guests, and provide crowd control.
Minimum experience required: 1-3 years of hosting experience in a busy restaurant setting. Must be at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in U.S.
Minimum education (or substitute experience) required: High school graduate or equivalent; food safety certification.
Physical job description:
- Occasional - stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, grasping
- Frequent - standing, walking, talking, feeling, hearing, speaking, working in close quarters
- Subject to outside environmental conditions while moving between restaurant and To-Go, and while at outside tables
- Subject to noise in kitchen, and from music system and guests
- We celebrate a women-owned, racially- and gender-diverse work environment
- We offer a competitive wage, including service charge pool
- Pre-tax commuter benefits option for public transportation and parking
- Free daily shift meal from our awesome menu
- Stellar training program and room for growth
- Genuinely fun, positive, and upbeat environment
- Come as you are – unique personalities are welcome
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE OPEN AVAILABILITY BETWEEN FRIDAY-SUNDAY (OUR BUSIEST DAYS). SHIFTS WILL VARY DURING THE WEEK.
We strongly encourage women, ethnic Minorities, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, refugees, and the formerly incarcerated to confidently apply. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Little Mac, LLC, DBA Homeroom, affirms that decisions about recruitment, hiring, training, and promotions will be made without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sex stereotype, gender identity/gender expression/transgender and sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age (40 and above), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.