Homeroom, Oakland's premier Mac + Cheese restaurant, is hiring fabulous Part-Time Hosts, with open availability Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We are BUSY, and we need calm, multi-tasking, self-directed, and cheerful humans to join our team.
Reports to: General Manager
Essential Functions of the Position:
- You'll learn the skills of a key restaurant position: You are THE FACE of Homeroom! You are the meeter and greeter; the first person to interact with our guests. You live our mission statement: to be the best part of a person's day!
- You'll control the flow of incoming customers at the restaurant, documenting party arrivals, seating customers, and providing crowd control;
- You will provide excellent, professional, and courteous customer service under very busy and stressful circumstances and situations; you can resolve guest issues and concerns; and you can keep the front section of the restaurant gleaming and well-stocked.
Minimum experience required: 1-3 years of hosting experience in a restaurant setting. Must be at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in U.S.
Minimum education (or substitute experience) required: High school graduate or equivalent; food safety certification.
Physical job description:
- Occasional - stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, grasping
- Frequent - standing, walking, talking, feeling, hearing, speaking, working in close quarters
- Subject to outside environmental conditions while moving between restaurant and To-Go, and while at outside tables
- Subject to noise in kitchen, and from music system and guests
- We celebrate a women-owned, racially- and gender-diverse work environment
- Competitive wage, including service charge pool
- Pre-tax commuter benefits option for public transportation and parking
- Free daily shift meal from our awesome menu
- Stellar training program and room for growth
- Genuinely fun, positive, and upbeat environment
- Come as you are – unique personalities are welcome
We strongly encourage ethnic Minorities, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, + formerly incarcerated to confidently apply.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE OPEN AVAILABILITY BETWEEN FRIDAY-SUNDAY (OUR BUSIEST DAYS). SHIFTS WILL VARY DURING THE WEEK.
Little Mac, LLC, DBA Homeroom, affirms that decisions about recruitment, hiring, training, and promotions will be made without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, AIDS/HIV status, medical condition, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking.