Homeroom is hiring an amazing Operations Assistant! The right candidate for this position is a self-directed, enthusiastic, and very organized person. You take initiative to problem solve and complete all tasks set before you. The position requires the candidate to complete daily tasks while still being flexible enough to provide support with projects as they arise. Lastly, the role requires a proactive individual who is always first to take the initiative to complete a task. You want flexible part-time work hours, but are generally available from 10AM-5PM Tuesdays through Fridays.
Reports to: Operations Director
Essential functions of the position:
- Collaborate with Director of Operations for their administration management needs
- General office organization and filing
- Maintain safe, clean, decluttered office space
- Assist Marketing with special events and promotions
- Weekly business report cards
- Yelp review tracking
- Process shipping invoices and other invoices as needed
- Point-Of-Sale system management and data input
- Shipping and mail delivery to USPS, FedEx, and UPS
- Perform printer maintenance
- Water meter reading/reporting
- Electronics recycling
- Manage office supplies though placing orders and maintaining stock
- Partner with vendors to resolve issues as they arise
- Marketing team print orders
- Order/maintain stock of employee shirts and sales merchandise
- You have an enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic
- You have the ability to manage time wisely and prioritize effectively
- You possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to assure professional interaction with executives, internal partners, and vendors.
- You have demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- You have a knack to anticipate needs, take initiative, proactively problem-solve using sound judgment and handle confidential and sensitive information
- You demonstrate strong organizational and follow-through skills, orderly and detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple work streams simultaneously, prioritize work and accurately and efficiently archive documents and work products
- You have proven experience in office management culture, structure and operating practices
- You have a strong command of English grammar skills with an ability to prepare correspondence from notes, meetings and author documents and reports
Minimum experience required: 2-4 years of administrative experience in a corporate environment with proven success interacting, partnering and networking with all levels of employees, including senior management, in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Must be 18 years of age.
Minimum education (or substitute experience) required: High school graduate or equivalent.
Skills: Proficient in Mac OS; MS Office Suite; Gmail and/or Outlook email platforms, and other ordering/restaurant systems.
Physical job description:
- Occasional - stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, grasping
- Frequent - sitting, standing, walking, talking, feeling, hearing, speaking, working in close quarters
- Subject to outside environmental conditions while moving between restaurant and To-Go, and while at outside tables
- Subject to noise in kitchen, and from music system and guests
- We celebrate a women-owned, racially- and gender-diverse work environment
- Medical benefits after 60 days: Homeroom pays 50% of the employee-only premium cost of the medical plan you choose
- Flexible Spending Account available after 60 days
- One week of paid vacation per year, accruing after 90 days
- Pre-tax commuter benefits option for public transportation and parking
- $50/month cell phone reimbursement
- Free daily shift meal from our awesome menu
- Genuinely fun, positive, and upbeat environment
- Come as you are – unique personalities are welcome
- We are the 2017 Oakland Indie Award winner for High Road Employer; we are also a Sanctuary restaurant!
We strongly encourage ethnic Minorities, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, + formerly incarcerated to confidently apply.
DUE TO OVERWHELMING INTEREST, RESUMES RECEIVED WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Little Mac LLC, DBA Homeroom, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of a person's actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, weight, or height.