Homeroom, a premier women-owned mac+cheese restaurant with To-Go location in Oakland, is hiring a dynamic and dedicated Kitchen Manager with a focus on people management and cost control. Homeroom is a very unique place to work; our people are the priority!
Managing a BOH crew of 40, the desired candidate would:
- Manage two Temescal Oakland kitchen locations
- Possess a desire to help Homeroom grow, scaling systems, staff, and processes into another location!
- Have proven people management skills: interviewing, corrective conversations, training/development, change management, etc.
- Have experience and passion for development and training of assistant managers and lead cooks into effective leaders
- Be a self-directed team leader -- and not afraid to ask for help
- Practice a collaborative work style - we all hold ourselves accountable to our assignments and jobs independently but work collaboratively with the executive team (Director of Operations, General Manager, Human Resources)
- Be a creative problem solver and systems creator - we are looking to grow and need someone who can adapt systems and position as we do
- Be timely in addressing employee performance issues and ongoing mentoring for employees
- Have a strong comprehension and execution of SPLH, labor efficiencies, inventory systems, and scheduling
- Have working knowledge of labor laws, work injuries, harassment
- Have open availability TU-SUN; closed Mondays. Our busiest days are FR-SUN. Average workweek is 45-50 hours.
Minimum experience required:
- Has a solid record of financial success in a restaurant management role (ideally within a high-volume restaurant), with $3M-$5M+ annual sales
- Has successfully managed a bilingual Spanish/English BOH staff of 30-60 employees
- Provides leadership that inspires teamwork, generates energy and enthusiasm, and drives measurable results
- Has a reputation for excellent relations with customers, vendors, Front of the House, and Kitchen staff
- Has the ability to design, implement, and to continuously improve and maintain the systems and procedures that lead to success
- Experience in scaling systems for Company growth
- Experience in production facilities is a plus!
- Has successfully done budgeting and forecasting and has a history of delivering on those forecasted results
- Experience in food costing and maintenance of online records
- Able to work holidays, weekends, events and other peak periods of the restaurant business
Minimum education (or substitute experience) required: High school graduate or equivalent; food safety manager certification; harassment prevention training.
Skills: Proficient in Mac OS; MS Office Suite; Gmail and/or Outlook email platforms, and ordering/inventory/scheduling/restaurant systems. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- We celebrate a women-owned, racially- and gender-diverse work environment
- Medical benefits after 60 days: Homeroom pays 50% of the employee-only premium cost of the medical plan you choose
- Flexible Spending Account available after 60 days
- Two weeks of paid vacation per year, accruing after 90 days
- Pre-tax commuter benefits option for public transportation and/or parking
- $50/month cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly dining benefit
- Free daily shift meal, without restriction
- Stellar training program and room for growth
Ethnic Minorities, Women, and LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.
Little Mac LLC, DBA Homeroom, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of a person's actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, weight, or height.