Homeroom, Oakland's premier mac + cheese restaurant, is hiring (4) Full-Time Line Cooks (3 AM, 7a-3p, and 1 PM, 3p-Close)!
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 1-3 years of line cook experience, preferably in a fast-paced quick-serve environment
- You want a regular full-time schedule, working up to 35 hours/week over 5 shifts. Our busiest days are THURSDAY-SUNDAYS, but we need loyal mid-week employees, too! We are closed on Mondays.
- You want to grow - we like to promote from within!
- You can regularly lift 20 lbs., work in a narrow/confined cooking space, are able to bend and kneel frequently, and be on your feet for up to 8 hours each day
- You like systems, clear expectations, guidelines, and accountability for doing a great job
- You are 18+ years old
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
- Must have a current Food Handler's/Safety card
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Great pay - approximately $16.25/hour -- minimum wage ($12.86/hour) plus service charge pool (averages $3.60/hour!)
- Medical benefits after 60 days via Kaiser; Homeroom pays 50% of employee-only coverage
- Excellent training program, and opportunities for advancement
- Come as you are – unique personalities are welcome
- Genuinely fun, positive, and up-beat environment
- Free shift meal from our awesome menu
Must be ready to stage for (1) hour as part of your interview.
Still interested? Cool -- we’d like to hear from you! We strongly encourage women, ethnic Minorities, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, refugees, and the formerly incarcerated to confidently apply. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Little Mac, LLC, DBA Homeroom, affirms that decisions about recruitment, hiring, training, and promotions will be made without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, AIDS/HIV status, medical condition, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking.