Homeroom, Oakland's premier mac + cheese restaurant, is hiring Part-Time Prep and Line Cooks with open availability on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 1-3 years of prep or line cook experience, preferably in a fast-paced quick-serve environment
- You want to grow - we like to promote from within!
- You can regularly lift 20 lbs., work in a narrow/confined cooking space, are able to bend and kneel frequently, and be on your feet for up to 8 hours each day
- You like systems, clear expectations, guidelines, and accountability for doing a great job
- You are 18+ years old
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
- Must have a current Food Handler's/Safety card
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Great pay - approximately $16.25/hour -- minimum wage ($12.86/hour) plus service charge pool (averages $3.60/hour!)
- Excellent training program, and opportunities for advancement
- Come as you are – unique personalities are welcome
- Genuinely fun, positive, and up-beat environment
- Free shift meal from our awesome menu
Must be ready to stage for (1) hour as part of the interview process.
We strongly encourage women, ethnic Minorities, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, refugees, and the formerly incarcerated to confidently apply. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Little Mac, LLC, DBA Homeroom, affirms that decisions about recruitment, hiring, training, and promotions will be made without regard to a person's actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sex stereotype, gender identity/gender expression/transgender and sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age (40 and above), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.